NYnet Business Development Executive(s)
To underpin our next phase of growth we are now looking to recruit one or two (dependent upon experience) Business Development Executives, one of whom may already have some sales management experience.
NYnet was established by North Yorkshire County Council in 2007, with the aim to improve connectivity and broadband services across the North of England for both the Public and Private Sectors. In order to achieve this NYnet built and now operates a high capacity fibre network across the region, to provide Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Managed Internet Access.
NYnet has delivered WAN connectivity and broadband services to over 900 Public and Private Sector sites through a resilient 10Gbs fibre network. NYnet’s network is proactively monitored to help exceed all of the Service Levels and technical requirements required by both Sectors. We currently have a performance level of 99.997% availability on our CAS(T) accredited network services which ensures that NYnet is a leading service provider. NYnet has been awarded multiple accreditation’s, more details at NYnet.co.uk
The successful candidates will be self-starters and will already have achieved demonstrable success in selling technology solutions and will now be looking for their next step up the career ladder. These roles will encompass both account management and new business sales.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Executive
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity.
Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory per an agreed Market and Sales Development Strategy.
Understand and deliver on all aspects of the sales cycle from prospecting, vertical selling, development of lead sources, handling internal leads, engaging internal technical staff, through to closing a deal and ensuring the smooth implementation of a project.
This role is 60/40 split between Account Management and New Business sales.
Daily tasks and duties are as follows:
- Understanding the service and product set which is vital to improve sales.
- Investigating the technology advances relevant to your position.
- Exploring ideas of improving/adding to existing products and services to increase profitability
- Ensuring any customer, new business and internal correspondence is carried out promptly.
- Seek out new business relationships within defined guidelines and timescales.
- Build, manage and maintain a substantial pipeline of qualified opportunities to underpin target achievement
- Deliver consistently against all targets.
- Keeping all systems up-to-date including the CRM and Management reports.
- Understanding the competition weaknesses and strengths
Account Manager requirements:
- Achieve agreed weekly, monthly, annual targets & KPI’s
- Build a strong relationship with the Management and key decision makers at your customers
- Help resolve any customer challenges
- Demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of products and services in the industry.
- Be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Be able to respond well to pressure.
- Be interested in what motivates people, the sales cycle and human behavior.
- Renew an agreed percentage of your support revenues
- Help customers plan their IT budgets and IT strategy
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation.
Account Manager responsibilities:
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins per agreed aims.
- Maintain existing customer spend and develop new customers. This includes relevant internal liaison to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activity tools/ CRM systems and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Plan, execute and support targeted marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales. This involves integrating personal sales efforts with other organised marketing activities including, promotions, advertising and exhibitions.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities, providing relevant reports and information.
- Record, analyse, report and administer per systems and requirements.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
Hours and environment:
Contracted hours are 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday, with 1 hour for lunch. It is expected that Account Managers will go above and beyond this to meet targets and deadlines. Whilst the role is office-based a lot of time will be spent travelling and meeting clients and prospects, along with attending networking events, as appropriate.
Skills and personal qualities:
The Account Manager should:
- Be proactive and able to take the initiative.
- Be well presented and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Be persuasive and diplomatic.
- Possess excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Display strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Act in a confident, tactful and persuasive manner.
- Possess good organisational and time management skills.
- Be able to quickly establish a good rapport with a range of stakeholders.
- Possess good business sense and the ability to work to budgets.
It is important to be interested in:
- What motivates people and human behavior.
- The technology sector and keeping in touch with all advances.
- Private Pension
- Staff Development Scheme