NYnet Limited was established by North Yorkshire County Council in 2007, with the aim to improve connectivity and broadband services across the region for both the Public and Private Sectors.
NYnet is also the delivery agent of Superfast North Yorkshire. It is responsible for the development, procurement and delivery of the Superfast North Yorkshire project bringing Next Generation Broadband access to the whole of North Yorkshire.
Also, NYnet has recently been awarded Government funding under the Local Full Fibre Networks Programme and is initiating a major project titled “North Yorkshire Fibre”.
NYnet is recruiting for a new role of Assistant Accountant to help resource NYnet and the Superfast North Yorkshire and North Yorkshire Fibre Projects.
The candidate will be working in a small finance team, supporting the Group Financial Controller with day to day finance activities and providing financial support to a number of projects. This will be split between finance and project work.
- Standard monthly management account processes;
- Prepare reports as and when required;
- Invoice verification for grant claims submitted by suppliers;
- Reconciliation and analysis of multiple external data sources;
- Grant funding claims preparation;
- Data analysis;
- Liaison with the external audit teams;
- Supporting the Group FC with a review of project finance models submitted by suppliers; and
- Supporting the Group FC in preparation of project finance models to submit to grant funders.
Based at NYnet Offices, 80 High Street, Starbeck, Harrogate HG2 7LW. There will be a requirement to attend offsite meetings and for an occasional overnight stay.
9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
£30,000 to £40,000 per annum.
The following benefits are available to employees:
- Life Assurance;
- Flexible Holidays;
- Pension Scheme.
- Sage 50 Accounts experience;
- AAT qualified or above;
- Proficient in MS Word, and Outlook;
- Intermediate Excel including, formulas, pivot tables, charts and graphs;
- Efficient time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks under time pressure;
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent projects;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Worked in a Project environment; and
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified
- Experience of working with the public sector and experience of dealing with grant awarding bodies;
- Experience of payroll;
- Experience of working with external auditors;
- Experience using MS Access;
- Experience using Macros in Excel; and
- Experience in the telecommunications