Junior Network Support Engineer
NYnet is a Wide Area Network provider based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. We have built a high bandwidth Wide Area Network supporting 800+ customer sites throughout North Yorkshire and the surrounding area.
NYnet is recruiting for a Junior Network Support Engineer to assist in the management and support of NYnet’s Wide Area Network along with an element of solution design work. This role will be predominantly office based in Harrogate with occasional visits to customer sites. Working Hours are 35 hours between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday, in accordance with NOC coverage requirements.Additionally there is a requirement of on call duties 1 week in every 5.
- Management of fault calls including diagnosis of faults and repair
- Logging and managing faults with third parties such as Openreach
- Service provisioning, both on site and remotely
- Assist with core network infrastructure upgrades
- Out-of-hours maintenance work as required,
Skills and Experience:
- Network knowledge to a CCNA / JNCIA standard
- 1+ Years’ experience within Networking including ideally experience in a similar role
- Familiar with Linux/Unix and networking tools such as Nagios and Cacti
- Knowledge/working experience of the following desirable:
- Cisco ASA
- Enthusiastic, focused, analytical, solution-seeker that has attention to detail and outcomes.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Desire to learn and progress
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer facing skills
- Able to work both independently and as a team
- Full UK Driving License
- Permitted to live and work in the UK
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience circa £25k to £30k per annum, + £6k on call payment
- Company van
- 25 Days paid holiday per annum + bank holidays.
Closing Date 14th January 2018 however it may close early if a sufficient number of applications are received. Please email your cv and covering letter to email@example.com