Group Financial Controller
Location: Harrogate flexible/agile working
Contract: Permanent or Interim considered
You will lead and inform commercial strategy as well as contributing your commercial expertise to business operations. You will take a central role in financial control and reporting of commercial activity, business planning initiatives, profitability and performance whilst liaising with key stakeholders. You understand the business drivers and costs and apply your commercial acumen to challenge existing thinking, drive continuous improvement and ensure we are maximising commercial opportunities.
We are looking for innovative and credible finance leaders who are performance focussed and will be committed to steering the future financial direction of commercial activity. You spot opportunities and help the business maximise these. In addition to your core well-developed financial management technical skills you are creative and have the ability to drive business solutions.
Sector knowledge is not essential, your well-developed commercial finance skills will enable you to quickly apply your craft to our business.
We want somebody who will work in a collaborative manner, building effective relationships with Board colleagues, key stakeholders and partners, as well as across the wider sector, with an open and personable style. As a trusted adviser your strong communication skills will mean that you can engage and influence a diverse range of stakeholders.
In return we can offer you an exciting career advancement opportunity; to be part on a growing business in a growing sector with a successful group of trading businesses backed by a large forward thinking public sector shareholder. We offer a competitive salary, enhanced annual leave and flexible working. The position in based in Harrogate with the opportunity for flexible working across other work locations or home working.
North Yorkshire benefits from excellent road and rail links, with easy access the East Coast mainline, the A1(M) and A19. Leeds, York, Newcastle, Durham and Teesside are all easily commutable. North Yorkshire borders the Lake District, Lancashire, County Durham, and Yorkshire & Humber regions with all they have to offer.
North Yorkshire is England’s largest county and a beautiful, vibrant place to live and work.
NYnet has been providing a reliable, high capacity fibre network across the North Yorkshire region for 14 years. Schools, hospitals, local authorities and businesses trust us to install, manage and maintain their broadband services.
Our partnership Yorkshire and Humber Public Services Network (YHPSN) means we are the largest supplier of Govroam public sector wireless roaming in the UK, supplying NHS organisations, local councils and emergency services. Govroam allows employees of any public sector organisation to connect seamlessly to their network at any enabled public sector premises. This means partners can share information easily and quickly and share workspaces.
Available to public sector organisations nationwide we have ambitious growth plans to be the leading provider across the north of England and beyond. That is where you come in!
NYnet supplies business parks, service providers and individual businesses with high performance Fast Fibre Connectivity and Next Generation Access. We’re based in Harrogate and we have our own in-house 24/7 support team for responsive engineering support.
We’re proud to provide public sector bodies in our region with fast, flexible and reliable wireless roaming, keeping our essential public services connected, never more important than through the COVID pandemic.
Our performance of 99.997% availability on our CAS(T) accredited network services and industry accreditation’s (ISO9001 – Quality, ISO27001 – Information Security, CAS(T) – CESG (now NCSC) Assured Service (Telecoms), HSCN and Compliant – Health and Social Care Network Compliant Supplier) positions us a leading service provider.
With c£4m annual turnover, £16m investment and a strong portfolio of grant-fund work, the time is right to further invest in our growth. In addition to growing our sales team we are looking to appoint a Commercial Finance Manager. We offer the best of public sector and private sector opportunities providing a unique opportunity for professional career advancement.
The Brierley Group…
North Yorkshire County Council is a very forward thinking public sector organisation – we are award winning, commercially focussed and have multiple successful commercial trading businesses already. This established portfolio of trading businesses is known as the Brierley Group, including NYnet.
These Council owned companies operate in a commercial context and are required to achieve sustainable growth and profits, specifically to enable North Yorkshire County Council to continue to reinvest so as to better meet customer needs and invest in the residents and communities of North Yorkshire.
The company is in an exclusively strong position to deliver high quality broadband services and achieve long-term ethical and stable growth. At the same time, the intention is to continue to grow the business by identifying new commercial opportunities, with the ambition to deliver services to other public sector bodies as well as to private sector clients over the longer term.
To finish off…
I hope you agree that this is a unique and fascinating opportunity, and of course we would be delighted to speak with anybody who wishes to know a little more. Please contact NYnet’s recruitment partner Glen Hunt at Resourcing Solutions on 07967 469759 or Johnathon Reardon on 07967 469324
If you wish to apply for this post, please send us your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements for the role including your interest in either permanent or interim including salary expectations to Penny.Keatings@northyorks.gov.uk by midnight June 9th.
We welcome applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and under-represented groups.
We will not accept applications from agencies.
Closing date: 9th June,
Interviews: Week commencing 14th June
NYnet Business Development Executive(s)
To underpin our next phase of growth we are now looking to recruit one or two (dependent upon experience) Business Development Executives, one of whom may already have some sales management experience.
NYnet was established by North Yorkshire County Council in 2007, with the aim to improve connectivity and broadband services across the North of England for both the Public and Private Sectors. In order to achieve this NYnet built and now operates a high capacity fibre network across the region, to provide Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Managed Internet Access.
NYnet has delivered WAN connectivity and broadband services to over 900 Public and Private Sector sites through a resilient 10Gbs fibre network. NYnet’s network is proactively monitored to help exceed all of the Service Levels and technical requirements required by both Sectors. We currently have a performance level of 99.997% availability on our CAS(T) accredited network services which ensures that NYnet is a leading service provider. NYnet has been awarded multiple accreditation’s, more details at NYnet.co.uk
The successful candidates will be self-starters and will already have achieved demonstrable success in selling technology solutions and will now be looking for their next step up the career ladder. These roles will encompass both account management and new business sales.
Both these roles have attractive basic salaries and an O.T.E commensurate with experience.
Please contact email@example.com
Business Development Executive
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity.
Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory per an agreed Market and Sales Development Strategy.
Understand and deliver on all aspects of the sales cycle from prospecting, vertical selling, development of lead sources, handling internal leads, engaging internal technical staff, through to closing a deal and ensuring the smooth implementation of a project.
This role is 60/40 split between Account Management and New Business sales.
Daily tasks and duties are as follows:
- Understanding the service and product set which is vital to improve sales.
- Investigating the technology advances relevant to your position.
- Exploring ideas of improving/adding to existing products and services to increase profitability
- Ensuring any customer, new business and internal correspondence is carried out promptly.
- Seek out new business relationships within defined guidelines and timescales.
- Build, manage and maintain a substantial pipeline of qualified opportunities to underpin target achievement
- Deliver consistently against all targets.
- Keeping all systems up-to-date including the CRM and Management reports.
- Understanding the competition weaknesses and strengths
Account Manager requirements:
- Achieve agreed weekly, monthly, annual targets & KPI’s
- Build a strong relationship with the Management and key decision makers at your customers
- Help resolve any customer challenges
- Demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of products and services in the industry.
- Be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Be able to respond well to pressure.
- Be interested in what motivates people, the sales cycle and human behavior.
- Renew an agreed percentage of your support revenues
- Help customers plan their IT budgets and IT strategy
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation.
Account Manager responsibilities:
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins per agreed aims.
- Maintain existing customer spend and develop new customers. This includes relevant internal liaison to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activity tools/ CRM systems and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Plan, execute and support targeted marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales. This involves integrating personal sales efforts with other organised marketing activities including, promotions, advertising and exhibitions.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities, providing relevant reports and information.
- Record, analyse, report and administer per systems and requirements.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
Hours and environment:
Contracted hours are 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday, with 1 hour for lunch. It is expected that Account Managers will go above and beyond this to meet targets and deadlines. Whilst the role is office-based a lot of time will be spent travelling and meeting clients and prospects, along with attending networking events, as appropriate.
Skills and personal qualities:
The Account Manager should:
- Be proactive and able to take the initiative.
- Be well presented and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Be persuasive and diplomatic.
- Possess excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Display strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Act in a confident, tactful and persuasive manner.
- Possess good organisational and time management skills.
- Be able to quickly establish a good rapport with a range of stakeholders.
- Possess good business sense and the ability to work to budgets.
It is important to be interested in:
- What motivates people and human behavior.
- The technology sector and keeping in touch with all advances.
- Private Pension
- Staff Development Scheme