The Education Sector landscape is changing significantly, a need to embrace new technologies that redefine teaching methods along with the disaggregation of financial support has placed significant new pressures on the individual schools and academies. They are now responsible not just for running their own budgets but also finding, procuring and working with independent suppliers of services. However, those organisations that rise to this challenge can gain significant benefits such as cost savings, shared services, and fast, reliable and flexible connectivity.
Established in 2007, NYnet designs, builds installs, manages and supports Wide Area Networks (WAN’s) in the North of England, predominantly for the Public Sector and has a very significant presence in the education sector currently supplying networking services to over 330 schools. NYnet Ltd is 100% owned by North Yorkshire County Council and due to this unique status is considered ‘By the Public Sector, for the Public Sector’.
Easy to do business with
NYnet is a ‘Teckal’ compliant company qualifying through 100% Public Sector ownership. NYnet has pre-procured its products and services using Public Sector Contracts Regulations 2015 which allows the Public Sector to buy from NYnet without going through the normal time consuming and expensive procurement process.
Full Service – Design, Build, Manage, Support and Guarantee
- NYnet designs the right solution to meet specific customer requirements using its extensive expertise developed through working with a multitude of Public Sector customers since 2007.
- NYnet build the WAN and where necessary project manage the migration process from your legacy solution.
- NYnet manage the WAN 24×7 using leading industry tools to pro-actively identify potential problems before they occur and react to problems before they become apparent.
- NYnet support the WAN 24×7 using our own in house, UK based team of engineers who handle 1st and 2nd line support.
- NYnet hold regular service review meetings with our customers, as required, tailored to the individual customer’s requirement.
- NYnet provide detailed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) backed up with a Service Credit guarantee.
Secure and Reliable network
The NYnet network is both ISO27001 and CAS(T) accredited offering a high level of security and reliability. NYnet is both HSCN and PSN accredited.
NYnet currently has over 40 public sector customers including; Councils, Fire and Rescue, National Parks, NHS organisations. NYnet is responsible for carrying around 80% of public sector traffic in North Yorkshire alone.
Some key information on NYnet’s connectivity and Network can be seen below:
- Based on NYnet Core 10Gbps Network of 37 Points of Presence (PoPs) – More information can be found on the Network page.
- WAN Connectivity for Bandwidths between aDSL up to 10Gbps.
- PSN (Public Services Network) Connectivity
HSCN (Health and Social Care, N3 successor) Connectivity